WHO IS A FAMILY DOCTOR?
A Family Practice which is also formerly known as family medicine, is a medical practice which is dedicated to all aspects of healthcare for all age groups. And the specialist who oversees this medical practice is known as a family doctor or formerly known as a family physician. The Family physician is the primary care physician for the whole family, community or society. He or she takes primary care of every individual of all age groups, genders, parts of the body and diseases. In this case, it is very easy to find a family doctor Conroe TX, who will offer proper care for the entire family each and every day. The main aim of the family doctor is to provide personal and continuing care for an individual in all aspects of his or her life including preventing disease and promoting healthy living.
SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLLOW TO FIND A NEW FAMILY DOCTOR
You likely already have the basic knowledge about family doctor’s and the main aim of family physicians. A family doctor takes primary care of an individual irrespective of his age and of all the body parts. So let’s see what services fall under a family doctor. These services include:
- Acute illnesses
- Family planning
- Day or monthly basic checkups
- Chronic conditions
- Health education
- Minor injuries and diseases
- Genetic disease or disease diagnosis
- Screening tests, etc.
The Family doctor will take care of your health from the primary or first stage of the disease and will take a proactive approach to help you recover. They will try their best to cure you with regular checkups and will also recommend proper diet and exercise routines on the basis of the disease diagnosed.
Here are a few steps which will help in finding a trusted family doctor:
- First start asking your friends and other family members or relatives if their family doctor is accepting new patients.
- You can even register with Health Care Connect, which will help you in finding local family doctors or nurses nearby? Health Care Connect is run by the long term care and ministry of health. The registration process is very simple. You just need to fill out an online form or else call customer care and register your name.
- You can find nearby hospitals and see if they have a family doctor or family practice unit.
- You can even search online for it. Nowadays it has become very easy to search for a family doctor in Conroe TX, on the basis of your comfort, and the language you speak (it will be easy for you to tell or explain the problem you are facing) and the specialization you need.
Once you get a family doctor you can contact them directly or call and ask them if they are accepting new patients.