Blood Pressure measurement is just like a snapshot, which is valid to the exact point of time, thus varying over a short span of time. But, with regular readings, taken over proper periods, provides an idea of the BP levels that a body is frequently facing. It is advised to go for regular blood pressure check-ups to determine the normality of the numbers. But, don’t you think rushing to a clinic each time for a blood pressure check-up becomes quite hectic? Plus, extra bucks charged by a doctor for such a simple check-up isn’t too much for a patient to pay?
Indeed it is! Thus, to solve this issue, Blood Pressure Monitors came into existence, to easily determine the BP measurements at home itself.
Measuring the numbers at Home!
Home monitoring of Blood Pressure helps a person to determine whether the treatments or remedies followed, are beneficial or not! It may not become a permanent substitute for regular visits to the doctors. But, a blood pressure monitor helps a person take care of themselves and undergo regular trackings to maintain a good health.
Remember this while choosing a blood pressure monitor!
Always remember these important key points before buying a Blood Pressure Monitor.
- Never buy wrist and finger monitors because they yield less reliable readings.
- Choose a validated and trusted product. Consult a doctor or pharmacist for an elaborated advice.
- Consult a doctor before buying a specific Blood Pressure monitor for senior citizens, pregnant woman or children.
- Make certain that the cuff fits the upper arm
- After purchasing, check with your doctor for the usage of the monitor and compare the accuracy of the readings at least twice.
Amongst various option available in the market, one can opt for some of the trusted brands such as dr. morepon, Omron, citizen etc. The best products in these brands include Omron hem 7120 automatic blood pressure monitor, dr morepen blood pressure monitor, citizen ch 432 blood pressure monitor, etc. These blood pressure monitors are consumer friendly and provide accuracy of results on correct usage.
Tips to use a home blood pressure monitor
Using a blood pressure monitor is easy, but it is definitely important to consider few usage tips before measuring your blood pressure level.
- Sit in a completely relaxed and still position while measuring.
- Never smoke, drink caffeinated beverages or undergo any exercise preceding 30 minutes.
- Sit correctly. Always check the monitor’s instructions for an illustration of the sitting posture
- Consult your healthcare provider for the perfect position of the back and arms for Blood Pressure Measurement.
- Measure at a single and same time each day.
So, use these tips and best of blood pressure monitor to take a complete ownership of your health treatment by tracking the Blood Pressure on your own!