These days, everyone is getting around the idea of improving and beautifying their smile through different cosmetic dental procedures. The most popular method of enhancing your smile has always been teeth whitening, which is significantly used by people worldwide. One of the common visual problems with your teeth is discoloration which can simply happen due to aging, bad diet, poor oral hygiene, and other causes. Teeth whitening treatment help patients with yellowed and stained teeth regain their shiny teeth and enjoy their moments. It explains why cosmetic dental procedures have become so well-liked, and more people visit cosmetic dentists. As a professional dentist in Oakville explains, this cosmetic dental treatment can remove the stains on your teeth and restore your teeth’ beauty sooner than your expectations. We have all the information and reasons you should consider teeth whitening treatment if you haven’t even thought about it.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure widely used to bleach the tooth enamel, leading to more shine and brightness. Professional teeth whitening is just performed by an experienced dentist at a dental clinic which is why it’s so effective and excellent. Many people seek beneficial alternatives to whiten their teeth at home, but the fact is that they can’t be as unique and helpful as the treatment you experience at a dental clinic.
What Are the Main Steps of Professional Teeth Whitening?
The process of teeth whitening can be done in different ways, but most cosmetic dentists usually follow these three steps:
- Dental cleaning – your dentist is required to clean your teeth and gums carefully to remove plaques and loose food debris between your teeth gaps. Poor oral hygiene is one of the primary reasons for tooth discoloration, so this step is required for patients as most usually don’t maintain good oral hygiene.
- Bleaching – during teeth whitening treatment, some teeth whitening employs will be used, which contain hydrogen peroxide. They are usually applied to your teeth in paste or gels for a while to whiten your teeth. Furthermore, your dentist should use lasers or ultraviolet light to activate the whitening agents.
- Rinsing – after having a bleaching step one or several times, it’s essential to rinse your mouth to wash out all bleaching agents.
Why Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professionally whitened teeth are excellent in many ways, including:
- Fast process – your teeth whitening treatment will be done in a few minutes, and you can see the results immediately after leaving the dentist’s office.
- Longer lasting results – although the results aren’t permanent, your teeth will be whitened and shiny even for a year or longer.
- Safety – the concentration of hydrogen peroxide should be carefully determined to prevent damage to your teeth’ structure. A professional cosmetic dentist can perform the teeth whitening treatment without any problems and make the procedure complete safe.
If you become curious about the teeth whitening process, it’s highly recommended to visit a reliable dentist and gain more valid information.