These are an alternate option to the usual long-term or Normal medical insurances. These are considered when it is not possible to opt for the long term insurances for certain reasons. You can also opt for it while you are still a trainee in your office or in college. But a medical insurance is a very important part of our lives. These are some of the basic points about the Temporary medical insurance that you should know:
- If opting for Short Term Medical Insurance is correct or not: Temporary Medical Insurances offer temporary services for the amount of time the help is required. It is generally known for filling “gaps.”
- If these are available for families: Yes, under the short term plans, spouses and other members can be covered. But the family members should meet all the requirements that are required.
- How quick it is: The insurance is applied as soon as your application reaches the office. But you can also opt for a date according to your choice if you don’t need it immediately.
- Prescribed Drugs: There are several kinds of plans under these plans. Some of them offer the facility of covering the prescribed drugs; some don’t. So be careful while you chose your plan for the insurance.
- Present Doctors: If your current doctor falls under the network the insurance plan you are opting for then yes it is covered by the Insurance Company only. Also, some plans don’t include the doctors, so it won’t matter if the doctors fall in the network or not in that case.
- Affordable Care Act: The temporary medical insurance plans don’t fall under the Affordable Care Act. So while you are choosing the type of Insurance make sure to keep this point in mind.
- Early Cancellations: Temporary Medical Insurance plans can be canceled at the moment you feel it is not necessary anymore. This won’t need any penalty. Also, any premium that is already paid beyond the cancellation time will be refunded.
These are some of the basic about the Temporary Medical Insurance plans and the points that you should know and remember while you decide a proper plan and type of insurance.