Cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile if your teeth are discolored, chipped, cracked, misaligned, or have gaps between them. It is always essential to find a qualified and experienced cosmetic dentist. Knowing what to anticipate at the initial session and proper planning can help you have a successful appointment. Here is what you can expect during your first Hawthorne, CA general and cosmetic dentistry appointment.
1. Aesthetic and conventional evaluation
A smile design consultation between you and a cosmetic dentist will include both an aesthetic and a conventional examination. The traditional part will consist of a physical exam of your gums, teeth, and bite.
Also, x-rays will be taken and evaluated by the dentist. The aesthetic aspect is often more subjective. Communication is critical at this point between you and the dentist.
2. Preview of proposed adjustments
You will be able to preview the proposed adjustments. A cosmetic dentist can help with this in a number of ways. Computer imaging will allow you to see what your teeth can look like after a modification. The good news is that you can alter your mind about almost anything.
Also, the dentist could make wax or resin mock-ups of your mouth as well as models of it. This offers a clearer perspective of the finished item.
A provisional or interim restoration can provide you and the dentist with a trial period before the final procedure is completed. The initial restoration, produced from the previously authorized mock-up, will let you view how the final restorations will appear and feel in the mouth.
It will also assist you in understanding how they may influence the gums, speech, and biting function. Before the final restoration is completed, the dentist might make any required modifications. The provisional repair should feel and look exactly like the ultimate desired result.
Prepare for your cosmetic dentistry consultation
Here are some things to do while preparing for your cosmetic dentistry consultation:
- Maintain good dental hygiene – Whether you want dental veneers or teeth straightening, your oral health must be in tip-top condition to receive the finest outcomes.
- Find inspiration online – Bringing photographs to your consultation can assist your dentist in obtaining a better grasp of what you want to achieve.
- Research expenses and plan funds – Before attending your consultation, make sure you understand the cost of treatment and how you intend to pay for it. Treatment costs vary based on the dentist’s experience and skill. To prevent hidden expenses, understand exactly what is included in your package.
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry, you should make an appointment with a cosmetic dentist. This appointment may boost the likelihood of the dentist providing you with the smile you desire. The only way to get your ideal smile is for you and your dentist to communicate openly and clearly.
You should figure out what you like and desire and then express it to your dentist. You should also make inquiries. It is essential to be aware of the operations that will be carried out and the ultimate appearance of your smile. Call Dr. Michael Hoang, DMD, or book your consultation online to determine which cosmetic dentistry procedures suit you.