Scientists have been doing a lot of research on why the number of men who experience decrease in sperm count is becoming more and more. The lack of sperm count is a big problem when you are planning to have a baby. This problem can be experienced by young men age from 25 to 30 years. And in a married couple, lack of sperm count is responsible for the inability of having a baby. When not taken actions early, then conceiving will be difficult for the wife.
There are numerous reasons why men’s sperm count is falling and here are some notes that you can be aware of and check whether you might need to check if you have sufficient number of sperms.
- Varicocele– Is a vein abnormality in the scrotum. The scrotum is the skin-covered sac that holds the testicles. And when there is an enlargement of the veins within the scrotum, then this can cause to low sperm count.
- Infection- Famous infections that can increase the rate of falling number of sperm are HIV and STD. Sometimes, infection can be from itchiness within the penis and left untreated.
- Antibodies- The antibodies that attach sperm usually are generated from operations like vasectomy. Antibodies mistakenly identifies sperm as something that can harm the human body and in the end, it destroys it instead of helping it to increase.
- Undescended testicles– During birth, there are approximate one in twenty term males and one in three pre-term males who are affected by undescended testes or cryptorchidism. But, this problem can usually decrease by the time the male baby is nine months of age. However, there are adult males who still have this problem due to the work habit that they have or some sports that they have been playing since they were young.
- Hormonal Imbalances- It is not only the women who can experience this kind of problem, but also men. And this one can be one of the major causes of lack of sperm count. The hypothalamus, pituitary, and testicles are the main parts of the body that produce the hormones to increase the sperm counts. If there are problems in thyroid and adrenal glands, then sperm production rate will be weaker.
- Overheating the testicles– Using of hot baths and saunas frequently can reduce the number of your sperms. The man’s reproductive system needs a proper temperature and too much heat can slightly decrease the production of sperms. Also, wearing tight clothing or working in high temperature environment can also be one of the causes of low sperm count.
- Emotional Stress-It is usually said that men don’t know how to handle emotional stress compared to women, properly. And when emotional stress strikes to men’s lives, this can interfere with the hormones in producing the sperm.
- Drug use– The use of illegal drugs is one of the major causes of falling numbers in men’s sperm. Usage of cocaine, marijuana or the like can reduce the sperm count temporarily or permanently.
It is very important for the men to undergo sperm count testing before getting married or while in the marriage so the blame game between the couple will be prevented and can be treated as early as possible.